Monday, June 25, 2012

For the Birds

StacyStamps has some great nature stamps.  I used the Chipping Sparrow on these cards and colored using Prismacolor pencils and blended with an Adirondack refillable pen filled with 91% alcohol.  I did a search on the internet for a picture of a chipping sparrow so that I could get the colors right.  I cut out the whole stamped image and used foam dots to pop it up.  I also stamped an extra flower and cut it out to add to the lower left corner. You can't see it in this picture, but the center of the flowers are glittered. 

(close up view)

This one is another variation.  I again stamped an extra flower and added it on top of the bottom flower with a foam dot. 

This is StacyStamps blue jay.  I also colored it using the Prismacolor pencils and blending with an alcohol pen.  I tore the paper around the image then sprayed it with Goosebumps spray.  After the Goosebumps dried, I antiqued it using a brown ink on a sponge then wiped the excess off.  You can see the Goosebumps up close on the image below and a bit of the antiquing.  


Supplied:
StacyStamps: Chipping sparrow and Bluejay
Goosebumps spray
Glitter
Prismacolor pencils
Alcohol marker for blending
Oval and Scalloped Oval nesties
CTMH paper
Cuttlebug embossing folders

Thanks for looking!
Carol

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment